Wednesday, October 27, 2010

New flooring at the Partridge house


This is the new cork floor that Rick and I laid in my craft room. I love it! It's so warm and soft and made the room look so great I had to then paint. I still have two walls to finish but had to get ready for my company so will get to it later.

We had new carpet laid in the living room and our bedroom. It's so soft and a great color. It's called Glazed Donut. The carpet is called Smart Strand from Mohawk. It has a great stain guarantee and comes in so many colors. We sprung for really good pad and it just makes it so nice to come home to.

Since we had to move all the furniture out of four rooms, we had to pile it here and there. We were so glad to be able to move everything back where it belonged. I'm not good at living with dust and bare wood floors and all that commotion. I'm more into organized, clean and neat.  As you can see if you look closely at the desk, I made sure I had my computer handy at all times.  Don't know what I'd do without email and facebook.



This is the carpet in the family room. It is called pin dot and is a short nap with a loop design that looks like little boxes. It has the same great pad under it and the same warranty. I had already painted in this room so only did some touch up to make it look all clean and neat. Rick and I took up the old carpet and pad and then had to take out all the staples and such to make it nice and smooth. Was a lot of work, but well worth it.


This is my accent wall in the family room. I love suns and have had fun finding new and different ones. I love the clock - it fits right in.

Come over and see what we've done. I have a basket of socks and slippers by the front door so that when you take off your shoes - and you will take off your shoes - you can still be comfy.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Look beautiful, love the cork floor. We saw one in the parade of homes and it was so nice to walk on. Maybe we'll have a chance to use your slippers by the door some day. Would love to come visit you.

Anonymous said...

Hey this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs
use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Feel free to visit my site :: twitter engagement